Re: [HeroQuest-Rules] Augments and arithmetic are irritating...

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 19:28:11 +0100

David Dunham wrote:

> On 16 Oct 2012, at 02:52, Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...
> <mailto:aescleal%40btinternet.com>> wrote:
>
> > Even with a single augment there's a lot of "Is that narratively
> interesting?" flying around the table. In HQ1 it was actually easier
> to narrate multiple augments without breaking and,
>
> Interesting, I am pretty sure that once as GM I mentioned that an
> augment was repetitive but honestly I can't remember the specifics.
> This just never came up with our HQ2 games.

You mentioned it to me frequently on the one occasion I gamed with you :)

In fairness, that was a demo at a con, so there was obviously a pressure to use the Rules As Written, and you were may also have still been feeling your way with the system yourself.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Synapsida: http://synapsida.blogspot.com/