Re: [HeroQuest-Rules] Augments and arithmetic are irritating...

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 10:27:09 -0400

On 18 Oct 2012, at 14:28, Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...> wrote:
>>> Even with a single augment there's a lot of "Is that narratively

>> interesting?" flying around the table. In HQ1 it was actually easier
>> to narrate multiple augments without breaking and,
>>
>> Interesting, I am pretty sure that once as GM I mentioned that an
>> augment was repetitive but honestly I can't remember the specifics.
>> This just never came up with our HQ2 games.
>
> You mentioned it to me frequently on the one occasion I gamed with you :)

I'll yield to your better memory, though now I have a vague recollection that this may have been something I hadn't explained until it came up during play. Compared to our normal games where we had enough time to discuss rules before starting.

> In fairness, that was a demo at a con, so there was obviously a pressure
> to use the Rules As Written, and you were may also have still been
> feeling your way with the system yourself.

Or my pregenerated characters weren't as interesting as ones players came up with on their own.

David Dunham