Re: [HeroQuest-Rules] POW Storage Crystals

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 22:31:49 +0100 (BST)

> Has anyone devised a good way to represent POW storage crystals (as distinct
> from powered crystals) under the HQ2 rules?  IIRC, most HQ1 systems tended to
> use them to store action points (or whatever those were called - the points in
> extended contests), but I was never particularly happy with that.

I never liked that either, nor anything else that's only of use in extended contests, since I much prefer chained simple. I don't think we've ever had a power crystal around (though come to think of it, this might well be a good time to introduce one), but I think the way I'd handle it would be to simply make it an item with a named ability: something like "resist magical exhaustion", perhaps.  That would work fine in the HQ 1.5 I've been using for years, and I don't see why it wouldn't work in HQ2.