Re: [HeroQuest-Rules] Additional rules for running communities.

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 21:50:08 -0500

On 15 Jan 2014, at 14:13, Henk Langeveld <henk_at_...> wrote:

> nick.the.nevermet_at_... wrote:

>> Does anyone have any suggestions or additional rules for running
>> communities?  Not just being related to a clan, but being in charge
>> and/or playing as the community.  I'm thinking of games like Reign,
>> Houses of the Blooded, Birthright, etc., and I was curious if anyone had
>> suggestions for moving in that direction.

> First person I think of would be David Dunham. Not only did he produce
> King of Dragon Pass, but he also ran a campaign with a very strong
> community focus.

Jeff Richard and I both ran community-based games for the Seattle Farmers Collective. Almost all of the Glorantha campaigns at <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> (even the one-shots) had strong community elements.

We didn't always use the HQ2 community rules (they hadn't been written yet), but your character's relationship with the clan was always very important.

King of Dragon Pass is a game where you essentially play a clan.

Not really familiar with the games you mention, so you'll have to be more specific about what role the community should play.

David Dunham