Re: Black Arkat

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 00:05:02 -0400

>David Cake:
>
>> You had to be a theist initiate to become a troll sorcerer.
>
>You do? Or perhaps you are conflating the requirements
>for Black Arkat and Arkat Litor?

        The one that is in Troll Gods. Which one of these two it might be, I have no idea. (forgive me if I don't quickly check to see if its somewhere in Drastic Darkness or similar - my Glorantha stuff is mostly on the other side of the world)

>This is solely an argument from the RQ3 rules which required
>that one be initiated into a darkness cult. I fail to see
>this necessarily translates into a HW requirement that they
>"HAVE" be be theists.

        Indeed - I think it probably translates into them having to be animists ;-) now that the other troll darkness religions are generally animist.

        The point being that they were explicitly connected with the other aspects of troll religion, not apart from it.

	Cheers
		David