Re: Black Arkat

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 22:35:43 +1200

> >This is solely an argument from the RQ3 rules which required
> >that one be initiated into a darkness cult. I fail to see
> >this necessarily translates into a HW requirement that they
> >"HAVE" be be theists.

> Indeed - I think it probably translates into them having to
>be animists ;-) now that the other troll darkness religions are
>generally animist.

There are theistic trolls around but I'm not too sure how they fit in.

> The point being that they were explicitly connected with the
>other aspects of troll religion, not apart from it.

I fail to see the explicit connection as that entry requirement that they be initiated into another darkness cult could easily be handled by a HW membership in a pantheon.

In any case, given that Kyger Litor is found in the Hells of the Malkioni, one could have suppose that the Uz of Guhan venerate Kyger Litor rather than worship her animistically. Arkat Litor then becomes a more pleasing fit as the source of sorcery.

As for Black Arkat, I feel that his worshippers gain sorcerous spells through misapplied worship as was implied by a pre-HW statement of Greg. I do not believe trolls suffer this penalty.

--Peter Metcalfe