Re: Thunder Rebels; learning feats & talents

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 20:29:52 -0700

Mikael wrote

> >I turned in my work on Thunder Rebels in 1998.
>
> And a damn fine piece of work it was. I wonder what the hell is
> taking Issaries so long to get it out.

Yeah, 30 whole days after Deluxe Hero Wars is released, and we've already had one followup. Why can't a one man company put out more than 4 books in one month?

I know one reason for its delay was the fact that at one point during its development, the Hero Wars rules weren't done...

I don't know exactly how far along it is, but I know it is moving along. (And hopefully will include much of the material Robin wrote.)

Simon asks

> If a character is a devotee and has been repeatedly
> using an improvised Feat over and over, which fits with mythology, can he
> then use hero points to cement that feat and lose the improvisational
> modifier.

Yes. (I'd let the same happen if he's an initiate, except that would only reduce the improvisational modifier to the normal one for initiates.) This would count as "learn a new feat" which is in the table on p.32. It's 1 HP since he's improvised it already, 2 otherwise.

> My next queery is why are Theist so powerful? Animist seem limited to one
> use spells, only the clergy of the Malkioni seem to have any clout and the
> mystics baffle me completely. I am talking about the common men here, not
> the all powerful.

Because they were in RuneQuest? :-)

It's possible to have multi-use fetishes (which BTW are better than normal followers). And many animists can integrate spirits and gain magical Talents.

Which Martin conveniently asks about:

> If a character integrates a spirit like Arjen the Cheetah
> spirit, which gives me Sprinting 5W, can I then increase
> the rating on the spirit just like a normal skill?

Yes.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein