Re: BASIC QUESTION REGARDING AFFINITIES AND FEATS

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 12:08:51 -0000

I got confused by them on my first read through of the (draft) rules too, It was only when I read some of the comments here, and then reread  them it all became clear(er)

 Namely, if I'm an initiate of a god, I assume that I can take
> some of his affinities, but how is this regulated? And how does
that differ
> from what I get as a devotee?

assuming we are talking about "at character creation" here, you get all the affinities in either case, but as a devotee you get to use the (listed) feats without improvisation penalty (which is almost certainly -3 unless it's -5)

If I take an affinity at 10w, do I get the
> feats associated with that affinity at the same level, or is there
an
> improvisation penalty associated with that?

As a devotee Yes and No, as an initate No and Yes.... (An initiate can still improvise other feats, but at a bigger penalty)

>Do I get all the feats under
> that affinity, or do I pick some, or what?

All of them, which is the bit that threw me.

I can see the case, for a lower powered campaign, for saying that you have to take (and improve) each feat seperately, however