From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 13:06:28 -0000

> >O: "And we will form a new agreement between us. You shall be
Champion
> >and sit next to Me."
>
> IMO this broadly true, except that individual Humakti may have
latitude to
> retain ties informally (he isn't my brother any more, but I can
still go
> drinking with him), just as Humakti without the geas can still use
poison
> (they just wouldn't be very piuos Humakti). Devotees and Swords are
much
> more likely to sever their ties fully.
>
> Thom

Yeah, that was more or less my view. What I had stated was a sort of purist 'by the big book of humakt' devotee's pov. But since most Humakti live in the real world amongst society... well, I don't see an
y reason why they can't keep some ties.

But the loss of ties is to protect those he leaves behind. And, a humakti who keeps haging around the family with the same role (still my little boy!) is not a 'good' Humakti, though he's being a good Orlanthi.

Jeff