Re: 4 Worlds Ontology

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 15:49:37 +0200

Nick on chaos:

> Therefore, I would say, it does not count as a Gloranthan Otherworld.
> (Perhaps it'd be a non-World -- a Void of Chaos?)

That is rather more palatable than seeing a separate chaos realm: chaos as Gloranthan antimatter sort of. I know Greg has been hinting at chaos realm(s), but I see one problem: the three otherworlds are currently stated as (objectively?) universally observable. I.e. you can find the gods' world, the spirit world and the sorcery world all over (even though most people won't know about the other two). Chaos, however, is stated to be an unknown and meaningless distinction to the easterners. That wouldn't fit with a distinct, definite otherworld. I'll have to ask Greg about that...

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com