Re: More Missing Runes?

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 15:51:26 +0200

Roderick:

>Note - I have an Excel file with all the rune fonts and as many meanings as
>I was able to get from Greg's handwritten notes to the font maker.. I *know*
>that some have changed meaning (and, in one case below, Greg has used an
>"unassigned" rune) since I compiled it.

There will be rune font correspondences on the web site. I can only ask for your patience.

>> VITHELA
>>
>> [h] p.219 (left: the Mysticism rune with a solid lower half)
>
>My file lists it as "Vithelan Pantheon" - but it has a qyestion mark next to
>it, so I don't have a confirmed ID from Greg.

I think that's correct. Furthermore, I think that the filled areas in some runes in some fonts is an artifact of the font creation rather than the actual rune. I read about font creation that you can get such effects if the lines composing the character are drawn in the wrong direction (clockwise/counter-clockwise).

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com