Re: NPC Hero Points

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 15:51:42 +0200

Trotsky:

> It's going to depend on the style of your campaign, I think. If the PCs
> have hero points, and only the major villains have them among the NPCs, its
> going to give the PCs a significant edge over most people simply because
> they're 'the heroes'. This is fine in a cinematic style campaign, but if that
> sort of gaming holds no interest for you, and you want a more gritty and
> 'realistic' campaign, then hero points either don't exist (unlikely) or they
> represent something that is, taking into account relative power levels of
> characters and so on, just as available to NPCs as it is to PCs.

I think restricting HP to major villains is a necessity for a long-term continuous campaign. After all, NPCs generally don't need to come back from episode to episode, while the PCs have to win (most) of the time or the story ends.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com