Re: Re: family of Humakti

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 15:23:42 +0100 (BST)

David Dunham on kin-severing:
> It's true
> that it's a magic ritual and it will reduce their feelings towards
> their "former" kin, but the kin haven't gone through the same ritual,
> and haven't lost their old feelings.

Actually, in most cases they have, quite literally. A ritual of that sort has more than personal consequences, it has consequences in the world. Indeed, in some cases (I think the Greydog work a little like this, don't they, Nick?) a kin-severing ritual (I imagine typically closest kin, rather than clan-severing) would have the other kin as actual 'participants'. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth at the 'lost' family member, etc.

YHMV. Come to that many of _my_ HDV.

This is now totally off-rules, but then again, I Mystically Refute the list-wise distinction. ;-)

Cheers,
Alex.