Re: HOrse/alynx

From: t.s.baguley_at_...
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 15:57:04 +0100

> From: "Wulf Corbett" <wulfc_at_...>
>Has anyone considered how to represent one of those Horse Followers
>the Grazers get? Or a Yinkinite with a Alynx? Problem is, if you give
>one of the keywords as 'horse' or 'alynx', what ratings does it get,
>and how do they improve? A flat value of -8 and -12 from the Hero's
>values doesn't work - starting with a Big 17 horse is a bit small,
>but would a 10W2 hero really have a Big 2W2 Clydesdale?
>
>Admittedly, you could just give a Horse 'Run Fast' and 'Jump'
>instead, but that doesn't give it much flexibility.

I have puzzled about this and decided on things like "Warhorse 17, Swift 13". My reasoning was that you are tryong to define what is special about this horse rather than what it has in common with other horses. I'd let warhorse add AP in combat (and probably augment riding), but not much else without penalties. I'd use swift on its own for some tests, but probably use to enhance standard horse abilities for others. I'd take standard horse abilities for granted (just as I'd take standard follower abilities like Speak Sartarite, or walk for granted).

Thom