Re: Patron

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 09:54:30 -0700

hw-rules_at_egroups.com wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 13:57:49 +0100
> From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
> Subject: Re: Re: Patrons
>
> Wulf Corbett wrote:
> > I'd give [PATRONS] the two most important abilities (particularly
> > Wealth...) with which they assist or support you.
>
> And their rating for those abilities would be? Patrons are missing
> from the table giving the ability ratings for supporting characters.
> It says somewhere that a PATRON is more powerful than the character:
> the opposite of a FOLLOWER.

How powerful the patron is depends on who they are. If you make a character that has Patron: Red Emperor then you have a rather nasty patron. Of course the chances of you getting anything out of that patron are slim to none. If your patron is a warband chief then there may not be much difference between the two of you and given a few adventuring sessions you may exceed your patron in power (in which case your narrator may turn him/her into an ally).

LIke Wulf said, think big. King Argrath, Moonson, Harrek, your tribal champion, Lord Ted Turner of Glamour, the local Lunar Garrison commander...etc. These are all potential patrons.