Re: Re: Hero Points

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 18:36:40 +0100 (BST)

Wesley Quadros:
> In our play test, use of a Hero Point had to be declared before the
> dice was rolled.

That would certainly be help in making them more 'Gloranthocenmtric'. Especially if you particularise it, say, magical feats, or elsewhere it's easy to rationalise investing a part of your Being in an effort... (If HPs represent something about the _character_, rather than something about its Higher Power.)

> We perfered the pre-declaration so that a person could not hoard HP
> and use them when they needed a "get out of death free" card.

Pretty much what exactly they're designed for, though. ;-)

Cheers,
Alex.