Re: Re: Animism

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 00:46:14 +0100 (BST)

> > The net effect is still that the 'otherwise' is in danger of
> > being more common, or at least, more conspicuous. than the
> > rule.
>
> It is more conspicuous in Genertela. Elsewhere I don't
> think so.

I could anticipate that might be so. Even if Genertela is in some sense a grossly distorted example (though really, the distinction seems fairly commonplace in the RW, if I may introduce a low blow), Genertela is sufficiently important that the rules would be well served by catering to its little foibles...

> > To add fuel to the fire, I cite also the festeringly
> > large case of all those Horse Spawn: the Pentans, the
> > Grazers, and all their little extinct off-shoots and Goblins.
>
> I think the Grazers are pure animists whereas most Pentans
> are mixed as the Praxians were. It's really the same case
> as I pointed out for the Praxians and for similar reasons.

I don't think the Grazers are at all pure, in the sense I discussed. I should prolly go remind myself what HW says about them before shooting my mouth off, but their relationship to their great spirits/deities, and their lack of integrationism practices suggests this.

> Goblins? Which ones are you talking about? The Red Elves
> of Sozganjio Malakumb, the ones that hang around Sir
> Ethilrist's Cloak or the Than Ulbar Goblins?

The ones that hang around lines from Blackadder. I do apologise for weakly giving into Python-Boresque temptation...

Cheers,
Alex.