Animism, Grazers.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:30:16 +0100 (BST)

David Dunham:

> But Alex
>
> > don't think the Grazers are at all pure, in the sense I
> > discussed. I should prolly go remind myself what HW says about
> > them before shooting my mouth off, but their relationship
> > to their great spirits/deities, and their lack of integrationism
> > practices suggests this.
>
> I'm not sure why pure animists have to integrate

Because, per Greg, it is the fundamental animist magical practice. Methods other than integratation are, he alleges, effectively add-ons.

> but Grazers
> certainly do. You just have to be of the right age group (note that
> Jardan the Warrior teaches Spirit Combat so that you *can* integrate).

I don't see why they 'certainly' do, unless you're (circularly) arguing from the source I'm taking issue with (i.e., HW.). As a rule of thumb, I'd _expect_ that the more mixed their tradition is, the less likely they are to do much in the way of integration.

It sounds to me like a means of rationalising theistic worship, and the granting of feats, without calling it theistic worship, or having to say 'feats', really.

Cheers,
Alex.