Re: Patrons

From: Brian Laxson <b1laxson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 17:28:25 -0700 (PDT)

>> The more I think about PATRONS, the less I like it.
>>

>I must disagree. Patrons are very good if you wish
>to have someone to look up to. A good patron would
>be your clan/tribal chief or your HeroBand leader.
>Or your boss. But its not for everyone.
>
>Jeff

One way to look at patron is that they give you *possible* access to some impressive skills. Agnar started with one patron, the shaman Olven. Olven has at times shown up to send the players off on an adventure he himself will not be going on. We have also sought him out a couple times for help. Initially he was very awkard to approach. Now he has progressed into being more of an ally. However, initially he was hard to get to agree. Even if I made the "patron" roll we still had to placate him into assisting. The patron roll was enough to grant me an audience, where with an ally that would be sufficient for them to grant aid.

Brian Laxson
Agnar the Stranger with many friends

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!