Re: Mass Combat Rules [Long]

From: Kevin Blackburn <kevin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 07:46:37 +0100

In article <20000611232014.19391.qmail_at_...>, Brian Laxson <b1laxson_at_...> writes
>A priest of Hedkoranth is present as well. He uses the
>Lightning Sword feat to provide a final +3 augment to
>the army. Since it needs to be cast on all 20 thanes
>that is all the time he has. For simplicity only one
>test is made for the augment and it succeeds.

A few points come to mind from this:

  1. Can you keep on casting spells indefinitely - the main power source is "The Other World", but is there any secondary tiring for the caster.
  2. Should most spells be castable for others, even if the name doesn't necessarily imply it.

I'd almost feel tempted to have such a sequence of casts to continue until the first fail on the assumption the roll is "Augment the next easiest weapon to augment".

--
Kevin Blackburn                         Kevin_at_...