Re: Digest Number 118

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 20:51:11 +1200

Alex Ferguson:

Me>> Considering that the Pentans have been revealed to be
>> fetish heavy for quite some time (look at the Pentan
>> warrior pic in the Genertela Book), it looks alright
>> to me.

>My turn to be confused: what's this to do with whether the
>Grazers integrate or not? (I mean 'bodily' integration: I don't
>think that fetish-creation is very similar.)

Fetish creation is just a valid part of animism as integration is. To illustrate by way of a related example, both sorcery and veneration are valid malkioni techniques, but at least one Malkioni sect (the Brithini) does not practice veneration yet is not considered any leass Malkioni for that. Therefore since the Grazers are fetish-heavy, it follows that there is nothing wrong with them being animist in the stafford sense.

Hence whatever criticisms you can make about the rules and the philosophy behind it, I fail to see why treating the Grazers as pure animists is a sign that the rules and the philosophy are broken in this particular case.

--Peter Metcalfe