Re: Re: knacks, talents, etc.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:08:06 +0100 (BST)

jeff.kyer:
> We use something similar. There are a few folks out in our campaign who
> have Hate Lunars or Vengance or similar, interesting traits.
>
> It works well enough.

I wish I could report a similar sentiment. If you have an Ability like "Hate Lunars 13", then your chances of getting any sort of decent bonus from it are modest, in the extreme. Given its degree of specificity, I find that rather unsatisfactory.

The obvious comparison here in Pendragon. Which one might well succeed in arguing goes too far in the opposite direction. ("I invoke my Generic Passion for a Gratuitous +10.) I'm currently pondering a means of beefing up abilities of that sort, without going to such extremes. If people have an useful experience to share, I'm all ears...

Cheers,
Alex.