Re: Who can be a devotee? and what numbers?

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:08:31 -0400

Andreas Gustafsson wrote:

> Since the book doesn't have any index and I can't find any info... :(
>
> Can just about any newbie PC play a devotee? Do you have to be a initiate
> first? What does all this has to do with your, so called, 'piety' rating and
> that other Worship <pantheon> stuff? You do get some numbers, but which?

Yes, any starting character can be a devotee. Everything is at a 17, like all keywords. I would heartily recommend looking at the characters on Wesley's site for examples of some good 'off the shelf' characters as examples.

Most of your questions are answered in the Keywords. All keywords (initaite/devotee) generate 17's for the abilities/affinities. You can get 2 of these at 1w and one at 5w (the ability, not the keyword, of course)

> Any insights or ideas?
>
> I have a vauge idea that this has surfaced before(FAQ?), but I couldn't find it
> in the listarchives.

> Are there anybody out there with a electronic version of the final rules that
> wants to do an index, please! Big Thanks(tm) to the man who made the TOC and
> posted here about it. If I ever meet you at a convention I owe you a beer!

I'll see what can be done. I may see about doing it manually.

Jeff