Re: knacks, talents, etc.

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:45:22 +0100

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:29:11 +0100 (BST), Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...> wrote:

>That niggles a bit, though. Why can't I say, be a little bit
>better at Wind Words than the other Feats in that ability, say?
>Or, have somewhat different ratings in Sword and Shield Fighting
>than in (say) Greatsword fighting?

I see no problem in buying a single Feat up at the same cost as an ability (cheaper than an affinity), just note it as

Affinity: Movement 5W (Leap Over Water, Run on Treetops+2, Run over Mud)

for a Vingan example.

I'd like to do the same for Close & Ranged Combat, but they're treated as single abilities already! Maybe I'll increase their cost to that of an affinity? Maybe I'll make it a point cheaper per EXTRA level of advancement (ie a +2 costs 2/4, +3 costs 4/8)... The point is, costs are linear anyway, so giving these extra bonuses is pretty fair, so long as the result is less than the intended (but more expensive) one.

Wulf