Re: Digest Number 123

From: t.s.baguley_at_...
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 16:34:27 +0100

> From: "Alexandre Lanciani" <alexanl_at_...>
>Subject: Re: multiple attacks
> IMO it's unrealistically difficult (caveat: with respect to what
>reality?)
>and ludicrously dangerous. After all, you have to bid about two times the AP
>you would bid if you tried to take out just one adversary. And keep in mind
>that you take a penalty (-3 for each target beyond the first, right?) and

<SNIP>

I just feel one exchange equals roughly one blow/arrow etc. Very puny foes (as you set get lumped together), presumably reflecting the effects of them tripping over each other, fainting, cowering in the corner etc. Anyone with a separate AP pool is tough enough IMO to require an exchange to take out. If you want to assume most exchanges are a series of actions that's fine (but seems out of kilter with the dramatic/narrative flow to me).

Thom