Re: Re: multiple attacks

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 16:42:13 +0100

Alexandre Lanciani:
>IMO it's unrealistically difficult (caveat:
>with respect to what reality?) and ludicrously
>dangerous. After all, you have to bid about
>two times the AP you would bid if you tried
>to take out just one adversary.

No, you are risking X APs in order to deplete the opposition by X APs. If they were each knocked down by X, then that would make it more effective in many circumstances to attack two at once than one at a time, as you are risking X in order to achieve 2X. A fair criticism would be that penalising by 3 per extra opponent *and* using the highest opposing roll is making it harder by two different mechanisms, which strikes me as a possible design error.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.