RE: Sorcerors and Talismans

From: guy hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 13:24:34 -0500

|From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson [mailto:rjremr_at_...]

|There is no reason to follow the advice/rules of the organization that
|provides your magic. Nope, No sir, no reason at all. That they
|might get
|upset with you for doing so is not mandated IN THE RULES AS WRITTEN.
|
|Do you feel lucky?

Of course, the roleplaying opportunities are immediately obvious ... ;->

Not following the rules in the tradition-conscious societies of Glorantha is ALWAYS fun for a narrator. Especially when the PC in question goes grovelling back to his Order for assistance. "Of course we shall help you, Brother; but first, we must speak of the heresies you have apparently embraced. Brother Torquemada will be most happy to instruct you in PROPER magical etiquette..."

Guy