Re: Nils' mysticism rules

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:14:51 +0800

>Nils:

        How about we get the HW rules to buy us a little flexibility here - rather than setting arbitrary breakpoints at which abilities can be gained, lets set difficulties for Refuting various things.

        Ie Refute need for clothes is against a difficulty 14w1 (or against d+20), refute need for sleep, or food, or drink is D+40, etc. This means we know how to use it when a mystic uses their 'no need for sleep' ability against the Chalana Arroys sleep spell etc.

> > That seems a little modest, esp. at high levels.

> > I thought so too. I was pondering a geometric scale:

        Free augments all round seems a fine way to do it to me, handicaps and edges being somewhat symmetric.

	Cheers
		David