Re: Re: slings and arrows

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:15:05 +0100 (BST)

Benedict Adamson:
> Your several opponents might each employ a different 'argument', so
> your counter-attack against one of those arguments has little effect
> on the other arguments. I think the multiple targets penalty is very
> suitable for verbal contests.

If one wishes to be 'realistic', it seems clear to me that there's little comparison between the degree of disadvantage. Being outnumbered in a melee is something that martial artists and pub fight tacticians worry about endlessly. When did you last see a lawyer or debating team member tremble in fear of the prospect of having to deal with more than one set of mildly harsh criticism at once?

Cheers,
Alex.