Re: Re: Transfers and Wounds/Hurts

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:14:35 -0400

Douglas Seay wrote:

> David Dunham reminded us all (well, me at least) that only the winner
> gets to decide if 7APs will be converted to a wound. Why was that rule
> added? I could see the loser taking a wound instead of giving up
> position as a valid tactical decision. I could also see that slowing
> the contest. Can anyone shed light on this rule?
>
> --

Because you lost. The winner is the one who is in control of the situation. And if the defender can take a wound *rather* than take AP loss, then that will prolong a contest considerably. Most of the wounding that happens is usually done when they know the enemy is going to be able to retreat so they will be in bad shape next time they are met.

Or so it seems in the group I have been running with since Dec.

Jeff