Re: Digest Number 127

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:23:20 -0400

Bryan Thexton wrote:

> I think, really, it depends on the nature of the
> verbal contest. In a setting somewhat like a modern
> law court, where there is only one speaker at a time,
> essentially no interference with the speaker, and
> strict rules on who can do what, when, I don't think
> multiple attacker penalties would matter much.
> Possibly the team with half a dozen lawyers on its
> bench could roll an augment based on its "display
> wealth" ability or something.

The earlier this month we did a legal trial. Something about some missing sheep...

The two sides were only allowed one lawspeaker but they had plenty of helpers (oath helpers, actually) and quite a few witnesses. In most cases, these acted as enhancements (augments) to the main combatant, by adding in their evidence, testimony and weighty personal oaths of truth.

The legal system is (unsurprisingly) plays like an Icelandic saga. The heroes won but we ended up with a holmganga anyways. Violence always being an option.

Its amazing the cometary trail of minor enemies the heroes are picking up.... perhaps they should all hold a meeting or become an anti-hero band. =)

Jeff