Re: Re: Transfers and Wounds/Hurts

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 22:27:02 -0700

> At 10:33 AM 06/16/2000 -0700, Roderick Robertson wrote:
> >For #2, on a transfer that drops a loser below 0 AP (I think that's what
you
> >mean) - the winner only gets the number of positive AP that the loser
had.

> >Example: Joe criticals and hits Mark for an 8 AP Transfer. Mark only has
5
> >AP. Joe gains 5 AP from the transfer, Mark goes to -3AP and is out of the
> >contest.
> >If Joe was cruel (or maybe stupid :-) ), he could hit Mark for a -1AP and
> >wound and keep Mark in the fight.
>
> Here's a special case question: If Mark happens to be a zombie and he can
> fight until -40 AP, does Joe get the full 8 AP? If not, why not?

No. Per pg 131, you only get the *positive* AP from the opponent.

I think that the fight-below-0 creatures (Berserks et al.) are the more scary for not "giving" AP on transfers - You hack & hack & hack and all you get is tired. Even your best blows (criticals) seem to have lessened effect.

It's something like "killing" the villain in a slasher flick - the first time he dies, you say "yeah!" and high-five each other and are pumped up (Transfer of AP). But as he keeps coming back from the dead, you get more & more frustrated, until you are ready to scream "just die damn you" (no more AP transfers).

RR