Re: slings and arrows ...

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:14:47 +0100

>IMO ithis is better captured by the fact that they
>get N attacks against you rather than that your
>arguments are at a disadvantage against them.

The fact that they get more "attacks" is irrelevant. It doesn't matter who attacks who, unless there are edges or handicaps involved. The advantages of having many people on your side are multiple opponent penalties, which we are talking about dropping, and the extra APs.

On the subject of multiple opponents, I pointed out a few eeeks ago that the rule should be reversed for sneaking, so multiple followers should count against the sneaker, and this was generally agreed with. There is, however, an example of someone with many followers sneaking past an Issaries camp-guarding feat, and taking the sleeping Issarion by surprise. The followers in the example increase the chance of getting past the alarm undetected. D'oh!

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.