Re: Mystic Heroes

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 16:29:55 EDT

In a message dated 6/20/00 9:23:45AM, you write:

<<

 That's quite cute. >>
thank you

<< It's treating HPs in a very game-world manner,
 which seems somewhat problematic, but that's a minor niggle.>> The logic was, Hero Points are for Heroes, who really make a difference in the world. Mystics, OTOH, are actively trying to not get involved in the world, it is the opposite of their world view.

<< Though

 I wonder if players would think this was such a great deal: if your  HPs are negative, then you can't get a reliable bump, or increase  abilities, which is a bit nasty.>>

Mystcism is still supposed to be a bit of a difficult practice. It needs to be pretty distateful as it is quite powerful (IMO), especially once you get past the point where you are ever going to get positive HP again (heck, I'm on -100Hero Points, I'll bump this roll by abusing mystical techniques and I'm still only on -101)

Keith N