Low bids in combat

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:02:01 -0400

> I think this is indeed "odd". There's a culture of bad tactics among
Orlanthi weaponthanes, and anyone who prefers sounder ones is mocked for their pains?

A few comments. First off, I don't think the 'cultural' tactics are bad.

Second, Jeff did say that his players had a misconception about the difference between 'loss' and 'transfer'. They might have acted differently if they'd had the right understanding.

Third, any given session of play can lead to false impressions from randomness. In the first fight I ran, my players mostly had Close Combat 5w.
It happened that none of them ever rolled in the range 2 to 5, so they never
saw one of the main benefits of their Mastery level.

Andrew