Re: AP bids from natural sources

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 23:36:42 +0200

> >In extended contests against natural phenomena, what Ap does the natural
> >phenomena
> >bid? Example: in crossing the barrier to the other side, it's decided that an
> >extended contest is aprrpriate, the player bids as normal, but when it
> >comes to
> >the barrier's turn what does it bid? I'm thinking at the moment of the defualt
> >bid (3+3xno. of masteries), which wont change throughout the contest. Any
> >other
> >suggestions?

Many such contests feel rather contrived as extended contests. I would prefer to run them as simple contests, or a series of simple contests. For the mountain climb example one could define a number of "stations" with a simple contest at each, and a carryover from previous stations.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com