Re: Feats and their Descriptions

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:31:49 +0200

Alex F:

> It's only a constraint if you insist on reading it as a constraint.
> Why is generalising intelligently and imaginatively harder from
> a description with more information in it (mechanics or no) harder
> than generalising from one with very little info? Arguably, Mikko's
> suggestions are somewhat over-specific in their 'tone', but your
> attitude seems to be one of 'the less information the better', which
> perplexes me greatly.

I think there is a very thin line to walk here. I'm all for feat examples, but they have to be loaded with disclaimers "these are just examples, please come up with your own effects" all over the place. Otherwise too many players _will_ read the descriptions as constraints: "this and only this is what you can do with Swordhelp".

That said, write up your feat examples and mail them to me and I'll make a place for them on the web site.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com