How much can an action involve?

From: Richard Sands <richard.sands_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 12:57:39 +0100

I was searching through the rules, and couldn't find anywhere that defined how much could be done within a single action. Is the limit a single dice roll? Or a single use of the skill (with any number of augmentations)?

For example, it would seem reasonable to me for a very strong character to say he want to make an attack with all his strength, and get an edge from his strength roll to boost his attack roll. I'm not sure whether this is seen as legal or not, though... If he attempted to do the same thing using his combat affinity, it seems as though this would be considered a seperate action (although the edge would last all combat in this case), but again I'm not certain whether I'm right or not...

If augmenting "actions" can be stacked with the main action, is there any limit to their use (other than GM control)?

Thanks in advance,

Richard
  richard.sands_at_...
  richard_at_...