Describing feats

From: Svechin_at_...
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:03:43 EDT

In a message dated 6/21/00 12:54:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time, hw-rules_at_egroups.com writes:
> > "Sunset Leap enables one to emulate Mastakoses great leap eastward. The

> > warriors of Orlanth Adventurous use this to surpsise their foes in
> > combat, and in travelling when they must be faster than the wind
> > itself."
> >
> > Clumsy, but you propably see what I mean.

Roderick replies
> Oh I see, but here's my problem:
> Just to use broad numbers, that is a 35 word description. Each god has
about
> 3 affinities, and 4 feats per affinity. That's 420 words per cult. For only
> 10 cult write-ups that is 4200 words. I'm planning on more like 20 gods, so
> call it 8,000 words. Out of a book of ~70,000 words. That is a big chunk,
> more than a 10th.

I wholeheartedly agree with Roderick here. In She Guards Us, we have close to 70 cults and thats not including nearly a dozen hero bands who mostly have their own sub deities. Using Rodericks numbers, we'd end up with close to 20,000 words in feat description in an 80k book. As it stands the cults will take up to 30k anyway. We describe the secrets but not the feats. Everything we put in would be one less item of other info for the players book.

Martin Laurie