long drawnout combat

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 16:33:27 EDT

In a message dated 6/20/00 10:41:04PM, you write: Stephen White:
<< Subject: Re: Long Drawnout Combat (was Durations of Edges)

 Spending heropoints in combat is part of the fun. It can really  amplify the heroic part. (I _will_ succeed at this blow) That and  occasionally preventing you from gacking yourself on a idiot accident  (You mean I impaled myself falling off my horse as I was getting  ready to go to war? Damn!)>>

It certainly affects the statisitcs, making a huge bid, with HP ready to reap the reward, more worthwhile. I suggest warning the players that the villains get a Hero Point if, on balance, they are more heroic after say, 5 exchanges, than the so called PC heroes.
_

    From: "Nick Brooke" <Nick_Brooke_at_...>

 Another of Robin's designs, Feng Shui, gives a penalty if players "re-use"  their stunts in exactly the same way, time and again. The rules thus  encourage creative and entertaining play. Now, "Hero Wars" certainly  benefits from this (or, indeed, requires it), but it does not directly  *reward* it in the same fashion.

A reward of Hero Points is certainly possible. (for example; highest bid, most dramatic bid, or something, gets an extra HP)

 Keith N