Re: long drawnout combat

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 16:35:31 -0400

> From: "Nick Brooke" <Nick_Brooke_at_...>
>
> Another of Robin's designs, Feng Shui, gives a penalty if players "re-use"
> their stunts in exactly the same way, time and again. The rules thus
> encourage creative and entertaining play. Now, "Hero Wars" certainly
> benefits from this (or, indeed, requires it), but it does not directly
> *reward* it in the same fashion.
>
> A reward of Hero Points is certainly possible. (for example; highest bid,
> most dramatic bid, or something, gets an extra HP)
>
> Keith N

Actually, there is a mechanism in the rules for this. When awarding points at the end of the night, there's a 0-3 point award for roleplay and participation. I tend use that for such rewards.

And, since its know that my *villians* may have a hero point or two (but not the mooks -- never the mooks) the players are somewhat eager to get the combat over with.

There's nothing like a villian bidding 15 and getting a 2x transfer to make a hero Want His AP Back and to Make Them Pay. Vengance is a very useful GM tool. Almost as useful as using the pressure of time (better get ride of these guards before the Priest gets back).

Jeff