Re: feats

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 18:02:27 -0700

Mikko

> > > Snarl Darkness

> > it's not effective *against* darkness, but would be a low snarl that
> > makes you so terrified your vision starts closing in.
>
> Oh? I tought it means that the Bab Gori is drawing on the deep earth
> connection and actually snarling _darkness_... darkness spewing out of
> her mouth like heavy smoke, and everything starting to get dark.

Yes, that's essentially what I had in mind, things starting to get dark (in a terrifying way).

> I wonder if Issaries would be willing to have the stuff on it's website?
> I for one would be willing to lend a hand in writing the actual
> examples.

I'm sure they are -- I was about to say this myself since I dredged up a vague memory of Greg saying this.

I believe one person should be in charge of collecting them. (Apparently Nils has volunteered).

I propose that the collector collect *all* suggestions -- there's no need to decide just what Sunset Leap does, for this purpose any interpretation is valid. Then perhaps Issaries can appoint someone to strike out the "*that's* not what I meant" cases (which I suspect will be few).

I think the format should be much as it is in the keyword, with short explanations:

Movement: Burst of speed (augments Running), ... Sunset Leap (jump great distances, penalty unless westward).

[In the "..." by the way are several feats that seem entirely self-explanatory to me (Lift Objects with Wind).]

I don't want this list to have all the cool story snippets people are writing, because I want a short, useful list. Maybe the stories (or myths) could be a *separate* list which could be linked to.

Nick answered me

> >> "Sunset Leap enables one to emulate Mastakoses great leap eastward.
>
> > I do wonder why people have this interpretation -- I would think if
> > anything it leaps in the direction of the sunset, i.e. west.
>
> Surely because the planet Mastakos "teleports" from the western horizon to
> the eastern horizon when it sets, and not the other way around.

But where does Mastakos come in? This is Orlanth's feat, after all.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein