One More Sunset Leap Post

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:54:55 +0800

        One of the few clues we do get as to what is intended from a feat is context.

        Looking at the other feats, it seems to me that the Movement affinity of Orlanth Adventurous is Orlanths own movement magic, the movement ability of the Wind. Running across mud, moving fast, Running Up Cliffs - these all seem to me to be not the instantaneous movement of a pure movement spirit like Mastakos, but the moving like the wind magics of a Storm god. So, I am assuming that Sunset Leap fits into the same category. Accordingly, I am going for it being a big leap through the air.

        I think that there is a good mystic justification for this. Sunset is the daily reenactment of when Orlanth killed Yelm, his greatest victory over his enemies. Note that the Dusk-Leaping Feat (which I am assuming is the same feat) in Morden Defends the Camp is something that they worry about him using as they flee Morden - but not something they feared as they approached. I think its a celebration of this victory, perhaps something Orlanth used to pursue Yelms retinue after his victory.

        So I'm going to treat it as a leaping feat that commemorates this victory. Normally, this means you can use it at sunset, but I'll accept uses after a victory over the sun, perhaps at a penalty even after any victory.

	Cheers
		David