Re: Re: AP; feats

From: Timothy Byrd <timbyrd_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 11:36:29 -0700

David D replied:

> This isn't what I meant... Lightning the meteorological phenomenon
is
> a quick bolt, so speed is a valid interpretation for a storm-related
> feat. Such speed doesn't related to running in general unless it's a
> Movement-related feat.

Oh. I guess I don't necessarily include quickness or instant-ness in my definition of lightning. Perhaps it's from playing too much Diablo, where one can create long duration Lightning Walls, and the Charged Bolt spell makes little fragments of lightning that wander around for a while. (They fade after a set period (number of exchanges), but get used up when they touch a valid target.) Since your interpretation of lightning includes a concept of quickness, does that mean in your game you can't get either of the above effects with a lightning feat?

So it comes down to a disagreement of what "skills" (attributes) are part of the Lightning keyword?

> (Hey, who has Lightning Sword anyway? I'm not seeing it this
morning.)

Dunno. It was already being used as an example, so I picked it up and ran with it. (Does that make me like Eurmal?)