Re: Ghoul Info

From: Henrix <henrix_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 04:58:40 +0200

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Doyle Wayne Ramos-Tavener wrote:
> I am planning a Hero Wars scenario for Friday night, in which I would like
> the climactic fight to feature Ghouls as adversaries.
>
> Any thoughts from the consensus as to how tough Ghouls should be? How to
> handle a ghoul howl?
>
> I had planned to treat them (combat-wise) as Zombies that are quicker,
> deadlier.

Traditionally, i.e. in RQ, they take damage ordinarily, that is, in HW terms, they do not continue to fight at below 0 AP. They used to fight with claws and bite, have a Terrifying Howl, and a paralyzing poison.

I'd go for relatively low combat skill, but let them initialize the conflict with their Howl, for more AP. Let them bid 7 AP when Howling, and always change that to an injury (which only would last until the end of the conflict). Or somehow contrive to let it give negative augmentations (Sic!) to the players. Let the poison be debilitating amd paralyzing, with low potency, for a good terrifying effect. One dose of poison isn't so bad, but two, each counting as a separate foe, possibly giving multiple foe penalties.

--
Henrix