Re: Digest Number 141

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 08:24:55 -0700

hw-rules_at_egroups.com wrote:

> Message: 9
> Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 10:24:19 +0100
> From: "James Turner" <j.a.turner_at_...>
> Subject: Big spirit dudes
>
> Jeff:
> >They get a new set of spirits to be their friends with and new talents
> >to learn and possibly a new tradition to play with.
>
> Jonas:
> >They get easier (tradition-level) access to some new types of minor
> >spirit, I would assume. At least, that's the alternative I've been
> >suggesting all along. :-)
>
> I have some problems with spirit cults.
>
> I don't like giving them traditions, doing this would make Dew Maid as
> powerful as Waha (for example)and I don't like giving them little spirits
> either.
>
> If all Lightning Boy does is give access to lightning spirits for shamans
> why bother with Lightning Boy at all, he is just a middle man. The rules

Lightning Boy (IFAIK) is a Praxian spirit. He is the only Praxian spirit that gives Lightning. If a Praxian shaman wants lightning and decides to get it from somewhere else he can but then he will be entering different Spirit Realms and suffering the approrpiate penalties for doing so.

**disclaimer: if Dew Maid is a published cult then I am not familiar with it. This is off of the top of my head**

If Dew Maid is her own tradition then I would still dissagree with her being as tough as Waha. Waha offers Ancestor spirits, Animals Spirits, leadership spirits, war spirits, and more. What does Dew Maid offer? Dew, sparkle, raise spirits.

Also, in a tradition definition the special spirits can be given average spirit mights. In this way Waha's "Mighty Sword Stroke spirit" may have an average might of 15-5w while the Iron Man (humakt) may offer a "Mighty Hewing spirit" with a might of 8w-18w. This would make Iron Man's spirits more valuable and would explain people suffering the misapplied worship penalties to get them. (So Dew Maid, as a minor spirit, may offer spirits in the 10-1w range or so.)

Cheers,

Wesley