Re: HUMAKTI ABILITY

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alexanl_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 12:11:13 +0200

guy jobbins [mailto:gej865_at_...]

> humakt gives one power to inflict death, but not does defend one from
> it - for that there is armor, and, more importantly, the skill of the
> warrior. i'd say that just as this logic banned dullblade, humakt
> would not be willing to save a loyal servant of death from a true
> sword stroke.

        This view of Humakti reminds me of Barran from Strangers in Prax and his logic. To prove his devotion to Magasta he kills the god's most fearsome creatures.

        Likewise, do you think that a Humakti who wants to prove himself before his god would hunt all the other renowned devotees of Humakt and slay them in combat as a sacrifice? I am beginning to entertain the idea of a Mortal Kombat-style tournament - something that would run exceptionally well with the HR rules. I see great MGF-potential in this (at least for once), as well as some Gloranthan authenticity (in the ritual aspects). What do you think?

	Cheers,
	A platform Alex.