Re: HUMAKTI ABILITY

From: guy jobbins <gej865_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 16:49:19 -0000

alex says:
<I am beginning to entertain the idea of a Mortal Kombat-style
tournament - something that would run exceptionally well with the HR rules. I see great MGF-potential in this (at least for once), as well as some Gloranthan authenticity (in the ritual aspects). What do you think?>

who gets to be the premier hero of humakt during the wars? "there can be only one!"

david says:
<Nup, Humakti get Shield. In both RQ2 and 3, plus they also
get some defensive spirit magic in both.>

me (rather lamely): oh...

<There is not single interpretation of how Humakti behave that
is correct.>
ok - i'll buy that

<There are suicidal death commando types that don't
believe in defensive magic or shirking death in any way. There are also many professional warriors who pray to Humakt to defend them in battle, and are definately interested in survival. There appear to be more of the latter (if nothing else, they live longer).>

ok, i buy that also, except for the bit about defending them in battle - perhaps i just have to get used to the idea. IMG warriors prayed for greater speed, power and ferocity than their opponents, not protection from them, and that is what made them live longer... fair point though, and of course we can both be right...

<The cult of Humakt reflects this multiplicity of roles - some places
they stress loyalty, some places heroism, some places honour, some places grim killers.>

does this mean that sartarite humakti think tarshite humakti are wusies for asking humakt to turn aside their opponent's sword strokes?

love from guy