Sunset Leap

From: Simon Bray <simonbray_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 22:33:47 +0100

Hi Guys,

 My players as per usual have gone off at a tangent with Sunset Leap. So far they have used it as follows.

  1. The Torkani uses the spell every sunset, he waits for the last rays of light from the dying sun to create a shaft of light between two building, trees or whatever he then leaps over the light rolling against his spell. If he is successful he shouts 'Orlanth sends the Emperor to Hell' and augments one of his nocturnal abilities/affinites eg see in the dark, or just generally to give himself a morale boost.
  2. The same Torkani used the spell to leap onto some Elmali and knock them out!
  3. Another player used the spell, waiting until the sun was setting and then leaping over a fortress wall to get to his one true love, while her husband was looking for him in the bushes.
  4. The Torkani again has used the ability to jump from shadow to shadow, created by the setting sun.

 So far I have no westward teleportation uses. This is why I like this magic, it makes my players really creative! So much more fun than Teleportation and Guided Teleportation.

Cheers Simon.