Re: HUMAKTI ABILITY, a story about healing a sword of humakt

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 02:17:52 +0300 (EET DST)

On Sat, 24 Jun 2000, Bigfoot wrote:

> Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2000 11:11 AM
> Subject: Re: HUMAKTI ABILITY
>

> > guy jobbins [mailto:gej865_at_...]
> >
> > > humakt gives one power to inflict death, but not does defend one from
> > > it - for that there is armor, and, more importantly, the skill of the
> > > warrior. i'd say that just as this logic banned dullblade, humakt
> > > would not be willing to save a loyal servant of death from a true
> > > sword stroke.
> >

> I agree with this statment , Humakt in my view gives his followers a great
> deal of things , the only real limitation he imposes is that they may not be
> rersurected ever , by that restriction alone I agree with guy that he would
> not be willing to save a loyal servant of death from death.
>
> Bigfoot

In a rather epic game of mine, a group of four rune level devotees of Orlanth, Storm Bull/Urox (Pol Joni), Zorak Zorani human (ex tarshite), and Humakt, went to the Snakepipe Hollow, to find out why the holy time ritual chaos killing quest of the Aldachur city ring had failed.

The humakti in question was Gerlef Ravenswing, a member of the Household of Death (the year in my campaign in 1600ST).

After leaving their mounts (including a huge tusker and a skybull), our rather unique troop trekked into the Hollow, following the southern cliffside.

In the first real fight they got into the Humakti used his storm magic feat (won in a contest from a devotee of Orlanth), and jumped over the mass of broos opposing them to strike at their leader.

The leader shouldn't have stood a chance, but the humakti managed to fumble his attack ("I rush at him and cut him down before he has time to react") and got downed by a lucky hit from the _huge_ bear/bison broo facing him.

The orlanthi of the troop (Yngmir, Who Follows the Winds), managed to interfear and the humakti did not get killed there.

His leg had still been smashed with the broos axeblow (and he was barely concious). The Orlanthi decided that _his_ Sword had been broken when he needed it, and decided to fix it.

The Orlanthi called to the White Lady (Chalana Arroy) to heal this young man...

I let the humakti resist the healing with huge bonuses, but the player managed another fumble *smile*, and the young Sword of Humakt lost conciousness, making the healing possible.

Luckily for both of them the humakti didn't have a spesific geas forbidding magical healing, but he did still feel quite violated when he woke up.

The Orlanthi used up a huge amount of magic in the healing, and didn't do much magic for the rest of their quest.

  ---

I as the GM was very amused by all of this... :) Who would have tought. And I had indeed told the player of the Humakti that "It would propably take a High Healer of Chalana Arroy to heal you against your will...". Show's what I know.

        -Adept